I think it goes without saying that we could all use a little extra happy these days. I could make a list of all the negative things that have happened to make this point but instead I’ll jump right into this list of 5 things I’ve loved in January. These are things that have made me happy this month…and that will hopefully be an encouragement for you to do something nice for yourself too. This post contains affiliate links.
- 1. I love soft blankets and this extra-fluffy one from Berkshire Blankets is by far the softest thing I’ve ever felt. The color is lovely, it feels utterly luxurious, and is very affordable. I bought one for myself because it was on sale and loved it so much that I bought several as gifts. You can check them out on the Berkshire Blanket website or on Amazon.
- 2. My friend Melissa from Outnumbered 3 to 1, sent me a set of these nail files for Christmas and I love them. Glass nail files so much nicer than emery boards and the carrying case makes them nice to take along with you anywhere. You can find this set here on Amazon for around the cost of a cup of coffee.
- 3. Finding a good pair of sunglasses can be challenging but I’ve had good luck with some affordable pairs on Amazon that I was given by the brand. Most were less than $10 and a few are even two pairs for $10. I love this price point because I won’t get too upset if they get scratched or I accidentally lose them in a friend’s field (I’m still mourning the loss of a pair that met their end that way). I love the variety and my daughter has already snatched a few pairs and my husband is loving the polarized pair. I find myself switching most often between the aviator sunglasses and the rimless animal print ones. They can also make a great Valentine’s Day gift, and are perfect for midwinter break travels. You can check them out on Amazon.
- 4. I love candles, love them! However, after learning about how many of the store bought ones release toxins I decided to make my own. I was intimidated to start but once I did I found that it was unbelievably easy and relaxing to make. There are many kits available on Amazon if you’re looking to make your own.
- 5. Last but not least, is this little magical light that I bought myself for Seasonal Affective Disorder. It boosts your mood and makes you feel like you’ve been sitting in the sunlight for a spell. It’s on sale now on Amazon for a good bit less than I paid so if you’ve been wanting to give one a try, now is the time.
There you have it! I hope you’ve enjoyed learning about the 5 things I’ve loved in January and more importantly, that you’ll take some time aside this week and do something that’s just for you, for your mental well being.
Leave a Reply