This helpful post is sponsored by Hiley Mazda of Arlington.com.
How well do you know your car? Perhaps you need reacquainted and to spend some one-on-one time with each other. Setting some “dates” with your car could continue the relationship a bit longer!
Every month you should check your:
- – Oil level – Add oil if it’s low, and take it in if it’s very low as there may be a leak.
- – Hoses – Replace them if they’re brittle.
- – Belts – Replace them if they’re worn or frayed.
- – Tire pressure – Check the pressure and add air if it’s too low.
- – Coolant/antifreeze – Add more if it’s low.
- – Air filter – Replace if it’s dirty.
- – Tires – Looks for damage or uneven wear.
Every 3 months you should check your:
- – Oil and oil filter – Change every 3,000 miles or as is recommended by manufacturer.
- – Windshield washer fluid – Add fluid if it’s low.
- – Power steering fluid – Add fluid if it’s low.
- – Transmission fluid – Add fluid if it’s low.
- – Battery terminals and cables – Clean if corroded.
- – Lights – Check to make sure all lights and turn signals work. Easy one!
Every 6 months you should check your:
- – Wiper blades – Replace them if they’re worn out and brittle.
- – Horn – Beep, beep!
- – Brakes – Have them inspected for unusual the wear and tear.
- – Spare tire – Make sure it’s fully inflated and accessible.
- – Exhaust system – Inspect for damage or loose parts.Shocks – Inspect for wear.
Burt Brothers says
These checklists can really help a lot. It is important that the oil and oil filter should be change every 3,000 miles or as is recommended by manufacturer. Add oil if it’s low, and take it in if it’s very low as there may be a leak.
Sandra George says
For preserving a car one has to its regular maintenance. Being a car rider you must be acquainted with it for which if there is any wrong thing is occur you may able to detect this. Do regular check of tire by measuring tire pressure with help of a pressure gauge. If there is low tire pressure fill it with right amount of pressure. This keeps your tire in well shaped. Changing oil and oil filter in every 3,000 miles keeps your engine free from entering debris into it. Add transmission fluid if it is in low level. Maintaining belts, hoses, brake etc. provide your car a better life to run.