This helpful post is sponsored by Hiley Mazda of Arlington.com.
How well do you know your car? Perhaps you need reacquainted and to spend some one-on-one time with each other. Setting some “dates” with your car could continue the relationship a bit longer!
Every month you should check your:
- – Oil level – Add oil if it’s low, and take it in if it’s very low as there may be a leak.
- – Hoses – Replace them if they’re brittle.
- – Belts – Replace them if they’re worn or frayed.
- – Tire pressure – Check the pressure and add air if it’s too low.
- – Coolant/antifreeze – Add more if it’s low.
- – Air filter – Replace if it’s dirty.
- – Tires – Looks for damage or uneven wear.
Every 3 months you should check your:
- – Oil and oil filter – Change every 3,000 miles or as is recommended by manufacturer.
- – Windshield washer fluid – Add fluid if it’s low.
- – Power steering fluid – Add fluid if it’s low.
- – Transmission fluid – Add fluid if it’s low.
- – Battery terminals and cables – Clean if corroded.
- – Lights – Check to make sure all lights and turn signals work. Easy one!
Every 6 months you should check your:
- – Wiper blades – Replace them if they’re worn out and brittle.
- – Horn – Beep, beep!
- – Brakes – Have them inspected for unusual the wear and tear.
- – Spare tire – Make sure it’s fully inflated and accessible.
- – Exhaust system – Inspect for damage or loose parts.Shocks – Inspect for wear.