This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Post Consumer Brands. All opinions are entirely my own.
Do your kids eat cereal like it’s going out of style? Or maybe you have a husband that does? I know quite a few men who’ve been known to eat cereal out of larger kitchen bowls than a regular cereal bowl. I don’t know about you but we go through a lot of cereal in our house! It’s a permanent item on our store list just like milk and bread. Every time we go to the store we pick up a box or two. Recently, I was encouraged to branch out of my regular boxed cereal and try bagged cereal. I’ve never had anything against bagged cereal but I didn’t know how it would stay fresh without buying a plastic container to store it in. I sure don’t need another thing to store in my kitchen! However, these awesome bags I tried from Malt-O-Meal® have a small zip pouch built in. I love that about it!
Not only are Malt-O-Meal bagged cereals larger but they’re also more affordable. The large bags are a better value than similarly boxed cereals. Win-win! Moms who say, “We don’t buy that cereal because you’ll eat it all” can now buy the cereal their kids love because they can buy it in bulk and save money doing so!
Malt-O-Meal bagged cereal comes in a slew of varieties too. They have 34 flavors (some listed below).
- – Apple Zings
– Berry Bunch Crunch
– Berry Colossal Crunch
– Blueberry Mini Spooners
– Coco Dyno Bites
– Coco Roos
– Corn Burst
– Corn Flakes
– Frosted Flakes
– Fruity Dyno-Bites
– Honey Buzzers
– Honey Graham Toasters
– Peanut Butter Cups
– Raisin Bran
– Raisin Bran Clusters
– Tootie Fruities
They have something that every member of the family will love.
Cinnamon Toasters is the first Malt-O-Meal bagged cereal that I’ve tried but I loved it and look forward to trying S’Mores and Golden Puffs. I loved how good it was dry! This will be a great little sweet snack for my daughter to take to school in her lunch.
Right now at Food Lion, when you buy delicious cereal you’ll get coupons to save even more on your next cereal purchase.
In-store Catalina offer at Food Lion (ends 9/30):
- – Buy 1 MOM Brand Cereal get a $1 off 2 MOM Brand cereals on your next shopping purchase.
– Buy 2 MOM Brand Cereal get a $1.5 off 3 MOM Brand cereals on your next shopping purchase.
– Buy 3 MOM Brand Cereal get a $2 off 4 MOM Brand cereals on your next shopping purchase.
– Buy 4+ MOM Brand Cereal get a $2.5 off 5+ MOM Brand cereals on your next shopping purchase.
The more you buy, the more you save!
Did you know that not only does cereal make a tasty meal but it’s also great to serve as a dry snack for the kids and can be used in recipes. Check out this delicious coffee cake recipe.
Coffee Cake Recipe
Makes 16 servings
- – 3 cups Malt-O-Meal Cinnamon Toasters Cereal, slightly crushed
- – 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- – 1/2 cup pecans
- – 1 ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- – 1 package yellow cake mix
- – 1/3 cup sour cream
- – 3 eggs
- – 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, combine cereal, brown sugar, pecans and cinnamon; set aside.
- In a large bowl, prepare cake mix using water required on package; add sour cream and eggs.
- Pour ¼ batter into two greased 8-inch square pans.
- Cover batter in each pan with ¾ cup cereal mixture.
- Divide remaining batter between cake pans.
- Stir butter into remaining cereal mixture and spread over cake batter.
- Bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool. Enjoy!