Since last January, I’ve been trying to declutter and minimize my belongings. To gain motivation I’ve shared my process and hosted challenges where people can “play” along with me in this process of living with less. I’ve had so much fun (and I still have a lot to get rid of!) that I decided to host another challenge for the month of January!
This challenge will be like our very first one. $100 is up for grabs!
A game that will hopefully end with everyone owning less stuff and one winner walking away with a $100 in cash!
The game is a simple one. For the month of January, you need to get rid of one thing on the first day of the month. On the second, two things. On the third, three things….and so on. Clothes, toys, tools, junk, magazines, decorations, etc.
This is your mission should you choose to accept it! It starts off easy but it will soon get trickier. You can do it!!
How will I choose a winner? We’re all winners by getting rid of our unwanted belongings but I’ll choose a winner from the people who take pictures of their discarded items each day and do one of three things 1) Share them on social media and tag them #LiveWithLess, if you’re not active online 2) Email the pictures to me at MrsAshleyWalkup@gmail.com or my favorite way – 3) Share them in our Live With Less Facebook group. To keep things tidy, if you chose to share in the Facebook group it’s handy if you post days 2-31 in the comment section of your first post (some have chose to make an album or add a photo to an album and post continuing days below that – whichever – the wall or album is fine).
- – If you skip a day are you disqualified? No, but you may only skip two days at a time. Three consecutive skips will disqualify you from winning but you’re welcome to continue playing. Even though you skip a day or two you still have to go back and make up the days you missed.
- – Can you track my shares on social media? Yes, if you use the #LiveWithLess hashtag I can track them.
- – How can I make sure my emails get delivered to you? Okay, so no one would really ask this but for my sanity, could you please put #LiveWithLess Day 1 in the subject line? Thank you!
- – When will this challenge start, I just heard about it? The last day to join will be January 8th when you need to have all your days 1-8 posted…or technically 1-6 since you’re allowed to be two days behind at any point.
- – If I share pictures of my junk in the Live With Less Facebook group will all of my friends see it? No, not unless they are in the group. It’s a closed group.
- – Will you be sharing the items you’re getting rid of? Yes! I’ll be posting in our Live With Less Facebook group daily. Forgive the bad quality pics, this is going to be a quick thing every day.
- – What if more than one person makes it to the 31st? This would be wonderful and I would choose a winner at random using random.org.
- – What if no one makes it to the 31st? Then I’m keeping the money for myself and going to the spa! 😉
A Side Note:
Have you been selling some of your items that you’re tossing? I started selling some of my unwanted things online and have been shocked at the money I’ve made. I’m excited to announce that I have an ebook coming out soon detailing the process, tips, and tricks that I learned the hard way!
If you have any questions or if I missed something please let me know.
Who’s ready to play? I hope you’ll join me! This will be more fun with friends!
If you’re just now joining us and want to catch up on past posts you can find them all linked here on the intro post to our Live With Less series.